Film Competition Entry
Please complete one of the film competition forms that best meet the description of your film. Entries will be collected and then evaluated for award consideration at our 2021 Cine Gear Expo in Los Angeles. You can enter as many films as you like, but each film must use a separate entry form. Just click the toggle to expand and view the entry form.
Entry Deadline: July 12, 2021
INDEPENDENT SHORT FILM
STUDENT SHORT FILM
MUSIC VIDEO OR COMMERCIAL
COMPETITION ENTRY RULES FILM SERIES
Early: May 5, 2021
Regular: June 9, 2021
Late: June 30, 2021
Extended: July 12, 2021
Notification: August 23, 2021
Start: August 23, 2021
End: September 6, 2021
Show: September 23, 2021
For Student competition only
- You must be a registered student in order to submit your film/video and you must send a copy of your current Student ID card or proof of current registration. No Exceptions.
- If you are recently graduated (i.e., you graduated 2 years or less prior to screening) you must have been a student when the film was made.
- Students who began their project in school and have graduated but have not completed their project, must have completed the film within 6 months of graduation. Proof of registration or student ID required.
- The applicable entry fee is nonrefundable. We accept Visa, Master Card,
money order, personal check. Make checks payable to Cine Gear Expo, Inc.
- Preview DVDs will not be returned. Do not send your master copy until you are notified.
- If your film is ACCEPTED to the festival, the format must be a DCP.
- Filmmakers are responsible to have all rights cleared including music, images, script, etc.
- Preview cassettes should be labeled with the title, running-time, screening
format, contact information (name, address and phone number), and
- Cine Gear Expo is permitted to retain DVD copies of each film selected as part of our festival library and for local media educational use only.
- More than one entry can be submitted. Each entry must have an Official Entry Form (photocopy accepted) and entry fee.
- The entrant will be responsible for ALL SHIPPING FEES.
- All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
- If your film is selected, you will be asked to provide: B&W and color stills from the film; press materials; video trailer and digitized trailer for website (if available) posters and flyers.
- If your film is selected, original format prints or video format tape will be due at the Cine Gear offices no later than September 6, 2021.
- The filmmaker will assume shipping costs of materials and print to FilmSeries at Cine Gear Expo.
- Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible Englishsubtitles.
- The selection committees’ and juries’ decisions are final.
- Title of work and name of entrant must be on all mailing labels. DVD boxes must be numbered (1 of 2, 2 of 2, etc,).
- Cine Gear Expo, Inc. reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or Film Series scheduling.
Print out and complete the Official Entry Form for your competition category and enclose it with a labeled DVD copy of the film, press kit (optional) and the applicable entry fee.
MAIL ENTRY (CANNOT FEDEX OR UPS TO A PO BOX) postmarked by July 12, 2021
Film Series at Cine Gear Expo
PO Box 492296
Los Angeles, CA 90049